RACE NOTE...T-SHIRTS WERE ORDERED AT 12 NOON ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 23RD....ANY REGISTRATION RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE... I WILL ORDER THEIR T-SHIRT ON MONDAY THE 30TH IN THE 2ND BATCH AND IT WILL BE IN BY THE END OF THE FIRST WEEK IN DECEMBER.
WELCOME TO THE PUMPKIN PIE 5K RACE INFORMATION
Join the Seashore Striders for this Thanksgiving traditional 5k. The Rehoboth Classic, which is one of the favorites on the calendar for runners on Delmarva, is cancelled due to Covid19 so join the Striders at Cape Henlopen State Park on Sunday, October 29th for a fun safe 5k . Run or walk with the Striders and take part in the traditional 5k Run at beautiful Cape Henlopen.
· THE BUBBLE. WILL OPEN AT 8 AM WITH THE RACE SCHEDULED FOR 9 A.M. ANYONE INSIDE THE BUBBLE MUST HAVE A MASK ON AND MUST SOCIAL DISTANCE OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE AREA. PLEASE ENTER THE BUBBLE BY THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE BUBBLE AFTER PARKING.
· START PROCEDURES. WE WILL DO A “ROLLING START” WITH NO MORE THAN 30 AT A TIME GOING OFF THE STARTING LINE WITH 1 MINUTE BETWEEN EACH GROUP.
· MASKS. ATHLETES RACING DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR THEIR MASK, HOWEVER WE WOULD LIKE IT TO BE ON WHEN YOU LEAVE THE STARTING LINE AT THE GUN. YOU CAN REMOVE IT AND PUT IN ON YOUR ARM OR NECK, BUT DO NOT THROW IT ON THE GROUND. 2 LAYER NECK GAITERS CAN ALSO BE WORN INSTEAD OF MASKS.
· WATER STOPS. THERE WILL BE 1 WATER STOP ON THE COURSE AND 1 AT THE START AND FINISH AREA. THE WATER STOPS ARE A SELF SERVE NO CONTACT STOPS AND VOLUNTEERS WILL PLACE 8 OZ BOTTLES ON THE TABLE 1 FT APART AND RUNNERS WILL TAKE THE WATER ON THEIR OWN.
· PACKET PICKUP. WE WILL NOT HAVE A REGULAR PACKET PICKUP BEFORE THE RACE. THERE WILL BE A DRIVE BY PACKET PICKUP THE DAY BEFORE ON THE 28TH AT THE LEWES LIBRARY.
· RACE-DAY REGISTRATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE REGISTRATION ON RACE-DAY. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE THE DAY BEFORE.
· AWARDS CEREMONY. WE WILL NOT HAVE A TRADITIONAL AWARDS CEREMONY. WE WILL PLACE THE AWARDS (BAGGED INDIVIDUALLY) ON THE TABLES AND AWARD WINNERS CAN SELF PICK-UP THEIR AWARD WITH NO CONTACT FROM VOLUNTEERS OR POST GATHERING.
· REFRESHMENTS. REFRESHMENTS WILL BE DIVIDED AND INDIVIDUALLY SPACED OUT ON A TABE FOR THE RUNNERS TO PICK UP AFTER CROSSING THE FINISH. THERE WILL BE NO CONTACT FROM VOLUNTEERS.
· RACE WAIVERS. SIGNED AT REGISTRATION
PRE-RACE DRIVE BY PACKET PICKUP SATURDAY, NOV. 28th at the LEWES PUBLIC LIBRARY located at 111 Adams Ave; Lewes, DE. 19958 (off Freemon Highway on the left heading towards the Ferry & CHSP) from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR CAR, ROLL DOWN YOUR PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW AND WE WILL COMMUNICATE WITH YOU FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR.
NAME: 11th annual Pumpkin Pie 5k at Cape Henlopen State Park
RACE TIME: 9 am start
RACE LOCATION: Beach One/Bathhouse North side next to the bird watch area. Follow Race Signs once inside the park.
TO BENEFIT: Local Charities at the Beach
SPONSOR/HOST: Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE
PRODUCED BY: Seashore Strider Event Production Inc.
RACE ENTRY FEE:
RACE COURSE: Beautiful course through Cape Henlopen State Park RACE COURSE
RACE TIMING: Seashore Strider Event Production will chip time the event using the Chronotrack chip timing system.
RACE AMENITIES: Long sleeve Race shirts and refreshments
NEW COVID19 RACE-DAY EVENT SCHEDULE:
Sunday, November 29, 2020
No Race-Day Registration...sorry this is a "hands-off" event...no laptops, no $$ exchange, no registration
8:00 a.m. - begin to arrive at Cape Henlopen State Park ... warm-up in the park on your own...remember to social distance & wear a mask AT ALL TIMES
8:40 a.m. - begin to position yourself at the NORTH end of the parking lot and line up based on your racing average per mile pace
9:00 a.m. - Race Start ...we will conduct a rolling start with no more than 30 at a time with the start going off in the following manner:
* MASKS ARE TO BE WORN TAKING OFF FROM THE STARTING LINE. AFTER CROSSING THE STARTING LINE AND GETTING AWAY FROM ANY RUNNERS, YOU MAY LOWER YOUR MASK TO RACE. PLEASE DO NOT THROW YOUR MASK ON THE GROUND. WHEN YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE, PLEASE SOCIAL DISTANCE AND THEN APPLY THE MASK. Thank you for following these Seashore Strider "social distance & mask wearing" guidelines so we can continue to gain approval for safe live events.
SELF CHECK FOR SYMPTOMS
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Runners with any of these symptoms may have COVID-19 and SHOULD NOT attend this event:
Due to Covid19 there will not be a live awards ceremony
Awards can be picked up following the posting of the results normally 10 minutes following the final finisher. Awards will be individually bagged and placed on the "award table" where you come up and pick-up your award. Awards can also be picked up at 9 Gander Lane in Lewes, DE. 19958 following the race and also will be available to be picked up during the week as well. Seashore Striders will mail "Out of Town" awards by receiving a check for $10 to cover postage.
PARKING: Plenty of parking in the Beach One/Bathhouse parking lot of Cape Henlopen State Park.
AWARDS: Custom awards will be presented to the Overall, Master, and the top three finishers in the following 10 age groups for each event:
ENTRY INFO: Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders” if using the paper race application online at www.seashorestriders.com
RACE DIRECTOR: Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
|5k Run/Walk||Click to Find Out||Register »|