Looking to get one last run in before we say goodbye to 2021? Want to be able to say you did Phoenix's first 5K of 2022?
StartLine Racing is honored to continue a true Phoenix tradition by hosting the 32nd Annual Midnight Madness run as we celebrate the end of 2021 and the start of a new race year!
Join us as we say goodbye to Father Time and welcome Baby New Year!
This year's event will feature the final race of 2021 on December 31st at 10:30pm and the first race of 2022 with a run on January 1st at 12:10am with a New Year's Celebration and Sparkling Cider toast in between.
Event details and schedule
Mail-in Registration Form
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Of course we would love for you to run the 32nd Annual Midnight Madness event with us locally but we understand plans change. So, if you can't join us on race day and still want to run, get BOTH medals and the long sleeve pullover then you still can! Here is a way for you to take part in this annual event no matter where you are! And of course all prices include shipping! Please note that all items will be shipped after the completion of the event on January 1st. Prior to the event all virtual participants will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your time.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at [email protected]
What You Get!
- Custom Event Finisher's Medal. For those running in both events you will receive 2 separate medals.
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech LONG SLEEVE Pullover. Color will be announced in July.
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups (Race day participants only). Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
- Sparkling Cider Toast at Midnight
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
- Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google
- Owned by StartLine Racing to maximize your experience!
Race Day Information
Race day registration opens at 9pm. Cost on race day will be the following:
- Double Down - $50
- Final of 2021/First of 2022 - $45
- We accept credit, cash and check on race day.
- Leashed Pet friendly!
- There are no refunds due to inclement weather.
- Due to the common start/finish line, there will be no bag check for this event.
- This event is limited to 800 participants.
- Race Day Check In will be available beginning at 9:00pm.
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
You will have two opportunities to pick-up your race packet (bib, chip, event swag, etc):
Thursday, December 30th from 3:00 - 6:00pm at Road Runner Sports - Phoenix
- Road Runner Sports is located at 7077 E Mayo Blvd, Suite 150, Phoenix, AZ 85054 (map)
- Friday, December 31st starting at 9:00pm at Rose Mofford Sports Complex (event site)
December 30 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at Road Runner Sports in Phoenix 3-6pm
December 31 9:00 PM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
December 31 10:30 PM - Final 5K Begins
December 31 11:30 PM - Final 5K Award Ceremony Begins (approx)
January 1 12:10 AM - First 5K Begins
January 1 1:05 AM - First 5K Award Ceremony Begins (approx)