Did your full or half marathon get cancelled or turn virtual? Are you training for a virtual half or full and need a course? Or maybe you just want to run a half or full distance on a supported course?
We will be offering a supported full and half marathon course, to be run on Sunday, September 13, 2020 (although you can run it "unsupported" any day you'd like). Please know that THIS IS NOT A RACE - just a supported race course. We will be capping the run at a maximum of 90 participants who will be sent out in 6 waves of 15 people each, spaced 10 minutes apart, in order to ensure social-distancing. Since we have limited spaces, please only register if you are serious about completing one of the courses and are already training or planning to train.
Here is what you WILL get:
- A chipped bib, to be picked up in the days preceding the run (this will allow us to record your start and finish times, should you want to know how long it took you to run the course).
- A paper course map and a GPX course file (for those of you who want to import it to your watch).
- Advanced runner tracking (and cheers) through RACEJOY!!
- A starting line to cross (we will assign you a start time, between 7AM and 8AM, depending on your anticipated finish time).
- A finish line to cross (we will publish net finishing times on our website).
- Water and an electrolyte drink at the finish. AND FREEZE POPS!!! :)
- There will be support stops along the course, manned by volunteers, which will each have an electrolyte drink (brand to be announced) and water (and perhaps other goodies).
- The exact number of and locations of the support stops will be released once we know how many volunteers we have.
- We hope to offer at least 3 support stops for the half and 6 support stops for the full, but, again, that will depend on how many volunteers we get.
WE NEED MANY VOLUNTEERS!! If you would like to volunteer, please click on the "Volunteer" button in the main menu.
- The course will "close" (meaning the timing mat and arch will be taken down) at 2 PM.
- An email two weeks before the run with corral time, final support stop locations, RACEJOY runner tracking instructions, route map gpx files, and last minute instructions.
Here is what you WON'T get (because this is FREE and not a race):
- A t-shirt (although you can purchase one as an add on if you'd like - click on "STORE" in the main menu to see available options).
- A medal (hopefully you're running a virtual race that will give you that).
- A marked course (you will need to use your paper map and/or your watch - there will NOT be turn signs).
- Post run food (just water and electrolytes and freeze pops - are those food???)
- Prizes for top finishers (because it's not a race :)
- Crossing guards or police details (you will run this course at your own risk - be sure to look both ways!!!)
This is FREE of charge and not at all a race - we're simply offering some pre-made courses that happen to have some awesome 4RUN3 volunteers on it to give you water. Did we mention this isn't a race???? :)))))))))) Feel free to email us if you have any questions.