Join us at Cannonsburg Ski Area for the THIRD ANNUAL Beer Mile at the Burg - October 31, 2020!!
We WILL have soft cotton long sleeve shirts for our Beer Mile - design coming soon!! This is optional... BUT we will order some extras so you if you change your mind and would like a shirt, you can pick one up at registration. Sizes are limited and will be $15. Cash ONLY please! NO CARDS! Shirts are totally optional.
COURSE / START TIMES / WAVES
We are using the base of Cannonsburg with little elevation. You will not be running to the top of the hill. You are welcome! The course map is posted on our Facebook page! Actual race start times will be adjusted as we get the final numbers in so STAY TUNED!
Race day check in / registration will start at 5:00 pm EST. Wave one will start at approximately 6 pm.
We will have waves again this time...but will be lined up according to your MILE PACE and not your age group! Keepin' it EASY!
BEER / CIDER PURCHASE
The beer - OR - cider MUST BE purchased at Cannonsburg due to the state liquor law. You will see the menu of beer / cider selections later on your registration to pick from. Cost for the 4 pack will be $10...Cost for the 2 pack will be $5. (lightweight division is 6 oz at a time). This will be paid later in your registration in addition to your registration fee of $20. ( $20 registration + $10 beer fee + RSU fee = total cost)
Yes, we have rules...duh!
- 21 and over - ID's will be checked at race check in
- Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps - NO GLASS bottles are allowed!!!
(Start - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Beer/Lap - Finish)
- Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area.
(Transition area is the ENTIRE deck area the finish/start line.)
- Competitors must drink cans of beer and the contents will be no less than 12 oz (6 oz for lightweight division - using the HONOR system here).
- No specialized cans may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate.
- Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner.
(No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.)
- Beer or Cider (you're welcome GF peeps) must be no more than 7ish%. Any lower ABV % is WELCOME...and yes this includes LIGHT beer!
- The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops (or appleish stuff)
- Each beer (cider) can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
- All beer / cider MUST be purchased at Cannonsburg due to state law.
AGE GROUPS / AWARDS
1st Place Men 21-29
1st Place Men 30-39
1st Place Men 40-49
1st Place Men 50 & UP
1st Place Woman 21-29
1st Place Woman 30-39
1st Place Woman 40-49
1st Place Woman 50 & UP
(Men and women combined for Lightweight division)
1st Place Lightweight 21-29
1st Place Lightweight 30-39
1st Place Lightweight 40-49
1st Place Lightweight 50 & UP
1st Place Best Costume Men
1st Place Best Costume Woman
1st Place Most Impressive Beer Crusher (guy or gal!)
1st Place Group Costume (Up to 4 prizes)
There will be items to give away from our sponsors at their tents and at the awards ceremony...so don't miss it!
More information to come as we get closer to the race via our Facebook page!
|Beer Mile||Click to Find Out||Register »|