Join us on September 26th, 2020 at Lanier Islands in Buford, GA as we honor and remember Georgia's fallen soldiers who died while serving their country in the Global War on Terror. Signs individually representing each of the 230 Fallen Soldiers will line the race course to further emphasis just how many have given their last full measure for our country. Proceeds from the race benefit nine charities created in honor of a fallen Georgia soldier. So come out and show your support while enjoying a great venue on certified race course.
This Year's FHOG Is A Go:
- CHANGES ON RACE DAY: (The health and wellbeing of our participants and Gold Star families are our number one concern)
No large gathering prior to the start of the run/walk 5K.
- Participants will be able to start their race anytime between the hours of 0800-0900. Each participants time will start after crossing the starting mat, and will end after crossing the finishing mat.
- It will be an individual choice whether a participant wears a protective mask or not.
- Volunteers having direct contact with participants (such as packet pick up) will wear a protective mask.
- Tee shirts and finishers medals will be given out after the race unless already picked up at either of the two dates of prerace packet pick up.
- The total count of walkers/runners will be limited to 1,500 participants.
- All awards will be mailed.
- Refer to our homepage at FallenHeroesOfGeorgia.com for updates as the race draws closer.
- We look forward to seeing YOU on September 26th at Lake Lanier Islands.
2020 FINISHERS MEDAL:
- All pre-registered participants will receive a Fallen Heroes of Georgia FINISHERS MEDAL, so REGISTER TODAY!
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia, Inc.- Is a nonprofit that raises funds to support charities created in memory of a Fallen Georgia Soldier, and NO members of Fallen Heroes of Georgia, Inc. are paid for their time or efforts.
- Benefiting Charities: Evan Marshall Memorial Scholarship Fund, Matthew Freeman Project, Noah Harris Fund, Ashley Henderson Huff Memorial Scholarship, Whitlock Foundation, EOD1 Joseph A. McSween Scholarship Fund, LT Helton Memorial Foundation, Sgt Paul Saylor Bremen Scholarship Fund, the Mike Stokely Fund & o Charles Warren Memorial Scholarship
- Thru September 6th: $30.00 (Includes Race Tee)
- September 7th - September 15th: $35.00 (Includes Race Tee)
- September 16th - September 25th: $25.00 (Race Tee Now $10.00) Late registrants still have the chance to buy a race tee shirt online while need sizes are in stock for just $10.00.
- Race Day: $30.00 (NO Race Tee)
- Late & raceday registrants will still have a chance to buy a race tee shirt on raceday for $10.00, while supplies last.
- All Registered Finishers will receive a finishers medal.
- $6.00 Lanier Islands Gate Fee per vehicle.
- Chip Timed & Peachtree Qualifier: USATF #: GA18036DJ
- Starting Time: 8:00am
CHANGES FOR 2021:
- This event will be moving to the City of Newnan, GA. Operated by charities created in honor of a Fallen Georgia Hero.
- Let's make this final year of tribute at Lake Lanier Islands be the best yet!
- The change in the status of this event after 2020 is a true blessing.
- See you all in September!
- Fallen Heroes of GA Finishers Medal for each registered participant!
- Cash Prizes for Overall Winners:
- 1st Place M/F- $100, 2nd Place M/F $75, 3rd Place M/F $50
- Awards to Overall M/F, Masters 40+ M/F & Grand Masters 50+ M/F.
- Awards to the TOP 3 M/F in each age group category: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Ciner - Montlick & Associates
- Patriot Guard of Georgia
- Dixieland Equipment & Pallet Company
- Lanier Islands - Hamilton Mill Christian Church
- The Home Depot - North GA Roughnecks
- KC Travel Team - Leon Farmer & Company
- Milton Martin Toyota - Flexible Pest Services
RACE COURSE MAP:
PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- DAY 1: Thursday, September 24th from 11:00am- 3:00pm at Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford, GA 30518
- DAY 2: Friday, September 25th from 11:00am-3:00pm at Big Peach Running Co., 320 Towne Center Avenue, Suwanee 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012
- DAY 3: Saturday, September 26th from 6:30am-9:00am, which is the morning of the race at Lanier Islands
PICKING UP A RACE PACK FOR A FRIEND AT PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- Participants are welcome to pick up bibs for other registered participants.
- Just please ask them to text a photo of their driver’s license or confirmation email.
- Please have the photo pulled up and ready to view when requesting the race bib and race tee.
- DO NOT forget the race bibs on the day of the race.
DAY OF RACE BIB & SHIRT PICK UP:
- First park in the Upper Lot or the Lower Lot.
- Race bib and shirt pick-up will be located in the lot behind the large video screen at the waterpark.
- Signs will show the way.
- EACH VEHICLE WILL PAY $6.00 TO ENTER THE RESORT ON RACE DAY.
VENDORS AT THE RACE:
- Shadow Warrior Foundation
- HMCC Prayer Tent
RACE WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE:
- Regardless of the weather, each race will be held on its scheduled date and time.
- Wear or bring needed weather related clothing if necessary.
- Wear BRIGHT AND OR REFLECTIVE clothing while participating.
- For safety purposes, keep your children close and on an adult’s right hand side or the curb side of the roadway.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants must register for the run, unless it is a child young enough to be pushed & remain in a stroller. All kids who are walking or running must register!
- All strollers must start in the rear of the 6th race corral, and then have only use a walking pace while on the race course. Any participant found to be running the course while pushing a stroller will be disqualified, and asked to stop participating in the race. This is for the safety of other participants, and for the safety of the child in the stroller. The roads are too narrow to weave around and run alongside other runners during the race.
- The race will be held at Lanier Islands, located at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway (formerly Holiday Road), Buford, GA 30518.
- I-85N to Exit 113 I-985N, get off at Exit 8 Lanier Islands Pkwy (formerly Friendship Road) and TURN LEFT, and Lake Lanier Islands Resort is 4.5 miles straight ahead. Once in the Resort, please follow the signs and the volunteer’s instructions.
CARPOOL, CARPOOL, CARPOOL:
- There may be as many as 750 vehicles entering the Resort just for this race. So please consider carpooling to reduce a potential back up at the gate.
- We recommend that all registrants arrive at the Resort at least 1 hour before the start of the race. This is due to the delays that can occur when entering the Resort, passing the gate with possible volume related delays, parking, race bib pick up, and a timely start to your race.
- Enter the resort, go over the bridge, go left around the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout, in 4/10 of a mile turn left on Camellia Lane, and then follow the well placed signs and direction from volunteers to packet pick up and the start of the race.
- To avoid large gatherings there will not be an opening ceremony in 2020.
RACE CORRALS: No starting corrals this year!
SUPPORTERS & FAMILY OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Please stay within the marked areas around the start & finish area during the race.
- Only registered runners will be allowed on the race course.
- Enjoy your evening and THANK YOU all for your cooperation!