UPDATE AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2020:
We are planning to move forward with a live race (not virtual) on October 24th 2020. Due to COVID 19 there are new rules and mandate in order to allow our event occur. These rules are subject to change based on guidance from Governor Murphy and the Department of Health. Changes will be posted here as they occur. Thank you for understanding and choosing to support Sea Turtle Recovery. Your participation will help ensure that STR has the necessary fund to save lives as we prepare for a busy winter cold stunning season. THANK YOU!
Information: The Second annual “Sea Turtle Race” will travel on a USATF certified course around the scenic Orange Reservoir in West Orange. The 5k race will start at 8:30 am with a 1.7 mile Family Fun Walk starting at 8:45 am. Refreshments will be available after the race at Clipper Pavilion. Discounted admission to the Turtle Back Zoo will be available to participants that present their race id at the zoo admission ticket booth.
Now through October 11th: $30/1 person or Group Discount $25/person with 4 or more people.
October 12th through October 22nd: $35/1 person or Group Discount $30/person with 4 or more people.
NO Race Day Registration. Online Registration ONLY
T-Shirts: Race shirts will be provided for participants who pre-register by October 11th. Race shirts will be available in limited quantity to those who sign up on or after October 12th as supplies last on a first come, first served basis at check in.
Race Day: 7:00 am Packet Pickup
8:30 am 5k Run Starts
8:45 am Family Fun Walk Starts
Awards: 5k Run only
Top Male Overall
Top Female Overall
Top 2 Male/Female Age Groups:
19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Parking: Available on the west side of Cherry Lane, across from Clipper Pavilion.
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. THE RACE DIRECTOR AND TIMING COMPANY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE.
1. All runners required to wear masks/face covering pre- and post race. Race staff wear masks full time.
2. There will be Online registration only, and there will be absolutely no Race Day Registration.
3. Check in will be done onsite. Runner bags with names on them will be placed on a table and you will pick up your corresponding bag.
4. Race day check in line(s) will be marked with 6-ft intervals (as in stores now).
5. No water will be supplied - runners required to BYO
6. Hand sanitizer/soap & water at bathrooms/PortaJohns, runners must wear masks when using and there will be 6-ft spacing marked on waiting lines.
7. Start “line” replaced by grid - runners stand on marked spots at 6 ft. spacing (similar to Indy/Grand Prix auto start - see diagram below) and runners/walkers will be allowed to start every 5-10 seconds, 3 -4 runners wide. If you have immediate family members that you live with, you can start together. Your bib number will be your starting order, i.e. bib 1 will go 1st, Bib 2, will go 2nd, etc.
8. Chip timing will be used and all awards calculated based on Chip Time, NOT GUN TIME!
9. Runners “encouraged” to leave finish area ASAP. No congregating in groups afterward.
10. Results will be streamed live and no paper results will be printed.
11. During the race runners may be asked to adhere to a “no drafting” rule similar to triathlons, I.e. they must maintain a 6-ft. separation from runners they pass or are passed by.
12. There will be a cap of 225 registrants total. No exceptions!
13. Rules are subject to change at any time as per NJ Governor Executive orders and Department of Health Guidelines.
|5k Run||Click to Find Out||Register »|
|Family Fun Walk||Click to Find Out||Register »|