Date of race: Sunday, November 6 , 2022
Course certification number: PA190003NP
Name of event: 5K Run for Homies With Extra Chromies
Location of event: Ridley Creek State Park Area 11
Race Details: Please join us on Sunday, November 6, 2022 at Ridley Creek State Park (picnic Area 11) for the third annual 5K Run for Homies with Extra Chromies presented by InkAway Laser Tattoo Removal to benefit the Down Syndrome Interest Group of Delaware County. This course is USATF certified. Walkers are also welcomed to join!
Course Support: Due to Covid-19 there will not be any water stops
Date and time: Race Day packet pickup and registration will take place from 8:15 am- 9:15 am. Race begins at 9:30 am
Awards: Top 1-3 Male and Female; $150.00 to 1st place finisher, $75.00 to 2nd place finisher, $50.00 to 3rd place finisher
Swag: TShirt, Swag Bags. ****We cannot guarantee shirt sizes for participants registered after 10/26/2021****
Sponsorships Donations, and Volunteers: There are a number of ways to get involved in the 5K Run for Homies with Extra Chromies. Even if you are not planning to run or walk in the event, please consider volunteering, making a tax-deductible donation, or sponsoring through your local business to receive great branding and advertising benefits. Volunteers, please register on this website. Click the button that says "volunteer" and enter your information so that we can keep a count and ensure that we leave nothing to chance. To obtain more information, please contact Stephanie Sapp at (484)840-8663 or email [email protected]
Proceeds of the race will benefit The Delaware County Down Syndrome Interest Group (DSIG). DSIG is a 501(c) non-profit organization that was formed in 1990 by a group of families touched by Down Syndrome in Delaware County. They strive to promote professional and public awareness and encourage inclusion for those with Down Syndrome. Their goals are to reach out to expectant and new parents of a child with Down Syndrome, to be supportive of and provide social interaction for people with Down Syndrome, their families, friends and acquaintances, to aid and challenge each family to constantly evaluate and re-think how new ideas, information and technology may help or affect their child with Down Syndrome and to educate the general public by assisting members of our community in learning to see people with disabilities as people, not as their disability. To learn more please visit http://www.delcodsig.org/
Pre-race packet pickup: Sunday, November 6, 2022 from 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM at Picnic Area 11 in RCSP
Parking: Free Parking at Pavillion 11A & B
Other Information: TBD
Race Results: Race will be professionally timed by the Bryn Mawr Racing Co.; Results will be found at http://www.brynmawrracing.com
Contact: Stephanie Sapp, [email protected], (484) 840-8663
Covid-19 Safety Measures:
We will be updating our safety precautions so please check back. Thank you for understanding and following these precautions to ensure everyone's safety.
1. The race will be capped at 200 runners to limit crowds.
2. Social distancing will be practiced. We have plenty of space to spread out and everything takes place outside.
3. Face coverings are required when picking up bibs, swag, food, awards, or anytime appropriate social distancing is not possible. For example, after you catch your breath after your race, put on a mask while walking around to collect food, a cold beverage, talking to friends, or walking to your vehicle. A mask does not need to be worn while running the race but is mandatory before and after.
4. There will be rolling start times.
5. Awards will be based on chip time, including overall winners.
6. All volunteers tasked with serving the runners will be wearing masks.
7. If you are not feeling well up to or on the day of the race, we ask that you stay home.