Join us for the 36th annual classic style road race and start the year off right! Enjoy picturesque Bristol RI with a stunning course through Colt State Park and beautiful Poppasquash Rd.
Please note - part of the course is on an untreated bike path in Colt State Park. Depending on weather conditions, there may be uneven and slippery conditions, plan accordingly with yaktrax, snowshoes or careful footing. See the course map for the exact route. In the true "old school running" theme - the course is "you-get-what-you-get" and participants should sign up accepting these conditions.
- One of a kind trophies to the Top 2 Men and Top 2 Women Overall as well as the first male and female in each category: Junior (18 and under), Open (19-29), Sub Master (30-39), Master (40-49), Senior (50-59), Veteran (60-69) and Grand Veteran (70+)
- T-shirts to the first 250 applicants.
- The race begins on the bike path near Sip n Dip (new for 2022), ends near the intersection of the bike path on Poppasquash (no change from past years).
- Please park at Guiteras School, on Washington St, or downtown Bristol. Please do not park north of the Poppasquash on Hope St - please obey all posted parking restrictions. Do not park in the Sip and Dip or The Beach House parking lot.
- This is a "cupless" race. Please bring your own hydration and nutrition.
- We have added a virtual "CHALLENGE" event - if you can't make it to our in-person event, challenge yourself with our resolution run: how many miles can you run on the first day of 2022? Challenge yourself and others with our online progress board.
****This race benefits the Girls Cross Country team at Mt Hope HS.