Put your turkey in the oven, pack up the family, and join the Aiken community for its 9th Annual Turkey Trot 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run! The event will be held on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, 2020 at Citizen's Park located at 651 Old Airport Road Aiken, SC 29802.
The run will benefit The Golden Harvest Food Bank. This organization provides quality food and other grocery products to those in need in the CSRA. Please bring your canned goods so that we can stuff the bins! Don't forget to wear your best Thanksgiving Day costume!
**PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM THE CITY TO MOVE FORWARD. AS OF NOW THE RACE IS STILL ON BUT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. AS SOON AS WE HEAR FROM THE CITY - WE WILL NOTIFY PEOPLE IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN RACE STATUS!
2020 SAFETY GUIDELINES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- All in-person participants will be required to wear a mask prior to the start of the race.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations.
- We encourage runners to stay in their vehicles until 10 minutes before the start of the race. This will cut down on large group gatherings.
- We will not have a results ceremony immediately following the race. We will post results within 24 hours of the race and schedule a pick up day/time to pick up your medal.
- If numbers are large, we will consider a staggered start so that the start line is not overcrowded when the race begins.
- 7:00-7:30am - Packet Pick-up and Registration
- 8:00am - 1-Mile Fun Run
- 8:30am - 5K Chip Timed Race Starts
- 8:45am - 5K Non-Chip Timed Race Starts
- 1-Mile Fun Run - $15.00 through November 23rd
- $20.00 after November 23rd
- This option is NOT officially timed.
- 5K Non-Chip Timed - $20.00 through November 23rd
- $25.00 after November 23rd
- This option is NOT officially timed. Non-Chip timed runners will NOT receive a medal.
- 5K Chip Timed - $30.00 through November 23rd
- $35.00 after November 23rd
- This is officially timed.
- Virtual 5K - $20.00 through November 23rd
- This option is not officially timed. Virtual runners will not be included in the overall results.
Aiken Turkey Trot T-shirts (SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS CAUSED BY THE PANDEMIC)
- T-shirts will be available to participants who register on or before November 5th. T-shirts are not guaranteed to participants who register after November 5th. Extras will be ordered but will given out on a first come, first serve basis. Sizes include: YM, YL, AS, AM, AL, AXL, AXXL.
- The 1-Mile Fun Run and Non-Chip Timing Option 5K will not be timed events, however, a clock will be displayed.
- The 5K Chip Timing Option will be electronically timed by 2 Girls and a Clock, LLC.
- Awards will be given to the overall top male and female 5K Chip Timed finishers as well as the FIRST PLACE male and female chip timed finishers in each age division. Age divisions are: 12 and under; 13-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70 and above.
The run will start and finish near Citizen's Park entrance located off Pine Log Road. The course is flat pavement. Course map can be found on 2 Girls and a Clock Facebook Page.
Packet Pick-up/Late Registration
- Runners can pick up their race packet on Wednesday, November 25th at Citizens Park - Complex 2 from 4:00pm -8:00pm.
- Packets will also be available for pick-up on race day from 7:00am -7:30am.
- Runners can register at packet pick-up on Wednesday, November 25th from 4:00pm -8:00pm at Citizens Park - Complex 2 and on race day from 7am - 7:30am. Registration will close promptly at 7:30am.
- We accept cash, checks and credit.
- Complex 2 is off of Old Airport Rd.
- Are strollers allowed? YES
- Are dogs allowed? YES as long as they are leashed
- Can I walk the event? YES
- When and where are results posted? Results are posted on Runsignup.com and 2 Girls and a Clock Race and Timing Services Facebook Page within 24 hours of the event.