Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are rescheduling this event to September 12, 2020.
Registered runners will receive an email explaining your options.
Please join Changed by Fire
for the Inaugural AZ Walk of Courage
benefiting Changed by Fire and the AZ Burn Foundation.
This event has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 12th
at Arizona Falls.
The AZ Walk of Courage was created to advocate for burn survivors
to create awareness and build a community of inclusion, love & healing.
Proceeds from this event benefit Changed by Fire and
the AZ Burn Foundation.
Due to COVID-19 there will be significant changes in place to keep everyone safe. Registered runners will receive an email with more details but here are some changes to expect:
- There will be staggered starts with assigned start times. Participants will not be allowed in the event area until their assigned start time. Upon registering you will receive an email to signup for a time slot between 6:30am-7:30am
- There will be no water or Gatorade coolers out on the course or in the event area. We will only supply bottled water on the course. The event area will have bottled water and pre-packaged food.
- All StartLine staff will have masks and gloves
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed out following the race.
Event details and schedule
5K Course Map
Mail-in and Virtual Registration
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Can't make it to this year's event but still want to participate? This event features a virtual option. A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. All virtual race participants will receive a custom event finisher's medal and custom event dri-fit tech t-shirt. Please note that your shirt and medal will be mailed out following the event on September 12, 2020. Prior to the event all virtual participants will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your time.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at [email protected]
What you get
Custom Event Finisher's Medal
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt
Awards to Top Fundraiser - Individual and Team
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups (Race Day Participants only). Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
Event Managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Race Day Information
Cost of registration on race day will be $40 for the 5K
We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
Leashed pet friendly
Due to the common start/finish line, there is no bag check for this event.
Race Day Parking will be located at:
- G.R. Herberger Park - 5802 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church - 3641 N. 56th St, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Arcadia Park - 3402 N. 56th St, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Ingleside Middle School - 5402 E. Osborn Road, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
Packet Pick-up Opportunities
September 11th 3:00 PM - Pre-Race Packet Pickup from 3-6pm at Road Runner Sports in N. Phoenix
September 12th 7:30 AM - 5K Run/Walk Staggered Start Begins