Every child needs a hero, but abused kids need Superheroes! Put on your cape and run, walk, fly, hop, skip, crawl or cartwheel your way across the finish line with us! The CASA Superhero Run presented by Reformation Brewery benefits Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children, a program of The Children’s Haven, advocating for the best interests of Cherokee’s foster youth. There will be special awards given to the Best Traditional, Most Original and Best Family/Team costumes.
RULES OF THE LIVE RUN
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30 min prior to your wave and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff and volunteers will wear masks to further enhance safety measures.
- Waves will go off at their assigned times. We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups depending on the size of the wave. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- You MUST run the wave you choose, no exceptions.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs, especially on the course. You will get one bottle of water at the finish line.
- ALL participants (including those in strollers) must sign an online COVID-19 waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE.
VIRTUAL RUNNER INFORMATION
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 3/10 and 3/20. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to [email protected]
within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "CASA 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
- We will post complete results by 3/22 on active.com. Points for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.
We would love for you to pick up your shirt at packet pickup, but in the event you cannot make it (and you are a virtual runner) your items will be mailed to you within 7-10 days of the completion of the race.