At the close of the Battle of Cowpens in 1781, two American officers—confident in victory—raced for the ultimate prize, a British three-pounder cannon, called the “Grasshopper”. Start the year off with a bang at the 33nd Annual Race for the Grasshopper 5k!
Sign up before December 24th to be guaranteed a race shirt
Packet Pick up on Friday has been cancelled due to weather. You can pick up your race number and shirt on Saturday morning
Course Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7dpNfwvAIM
Spartanburg Running Club’s COVID plan for the 2021 Race for the Grasshopper:
· Space out the start line, based on ability level. Runners are not bunched up on each other. - The race scored off of chip time, not gun time. Once you cross the 1st mat your time starts
· Runners wear masks before the race, on the start line, and after the race.
· Allow runners to remove masks after 400m into the race, once the race spreads out.
· Provide bottled water.
· No award ceremony, runners will pick up awards at a table so that there would not be a large crowd gathering.
· Space out - sign-in table, information, awards table, etc. to encourage socialer and shirt on Saturday morning. distancing.
· Signage at key locations to remind participants and spectators to wear face coverings, to social distance, and to wash/disinfect hands often.
· Disinfecting stations throughout the race, such as at sign-in table, end of race, award table, etc.
· Masks, disinfectant, and gloves (rubber) provided participants and spectators.
|5K||Click to Find Out||Register »|