Due to State of Connecticut Covid-19 protocols this year's Strides For Scholars will have the following requirements in place:
- Participants must pre-register. There will be no day of race registration. Online registration closes at noon on Friday, April 16, 2021. The run/walk will be capped at 200 participants
- Packet pick up will be self serve and will take place on race day at the Union School, 18 Kinney Hollow Rd, Union. starting at 7:30 AM
- There will be bags laid out on tables for each participant containing a chipped bib, a T-Shirt (If making the T-Shirt deadline) and Corral assignment.
- Participants will then drive to Bigelow Hollow State Park, 298 Bigelow Hollow Rd (Rte 171), Union, where the race will take place.
- Each participant will be assigned a corral number. There will be Corrals of 20 starting every 15 seconds beginning at 9:00 AM
- Masks must be worn before and after the race and at the starting line. Masks may be removed after the start once runners have distanced themselves.
Packet pick up starts at 7:30 AM, The race starts at 9:00 AM. T-shirts for the first 100 runners/walkers registered by April 4t h.
There will be no awards or post-race activities in 2021.
100% of the proceeds from this race go to the Union School Association Scholarship Foundation. Since the first scholarship award in 1995, the USASF has been assisting Union School students attain higher education goals. To date, 48 scholarships have been awarded annually to graduating high school seniors who are pursuing post-secondary education and have participated in community service activities