Every third Sunday in October is our Annual Oktoberfest 5K Run and 1 mile Fun Walk! This run/walk is a fundraiser to support BN Sunrise Rotary’s Youth Services and the CCHS Rotaract Club. The run is a chip-timed 5k on the Constitution Trail from GE park, looping through Tipton Trails, and back to GE park. Blacktop trails the whole way.
2021 Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place at Fleet Feet Bloomington starting Friday, October 15th from 5-7pm and Saturday, October 16th from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm or from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at GE Park before the race on Sunday.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area.
• At the end of the race, please join us inside the clubhouse for your brat dinner, live polka music, and delicious beer from White Oak Brewing!
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• Fabulous ceramic steins will be awarded for the top three in each 5k age group for those who run in person on race day: Top Male/Female Overall, and Top 3 M/F in each age group (14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 34-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+)
Virtual Runners - Submitting Your Result
An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning October 17th you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to Oct 17) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from Oct 17 - Oct 18. Final results will be available at the same link Oct 19. There are no awards for Virtual Runners.
T-Shirt only guaranteed for those who register by September 27th.
|5K||Click to Find Out||Register »|
|1 Mile (Untimed)||Click to Find Out||Register »|
|Shirt and Food Only||Click to Find Out||Register »|