The Dewey Decimal Dash is back! Last year we renamed our annual 5K and Walk the Dewey DIGITAL Dash because we were all virtual. This year we are offering our event in person with an option for people to participate virtually. Whether you are in person or virtual, we invite you to participate to support the Haverford Township Free Library.
All of the proceeds go towards the Library’s services, programs, and collections!
5k race time: 8 am
1 mile fun run/walk: 8:15 am
How it works:
- Register for the 5K run (individual or team) or our 1 mile run or walk (individual) either in person or virtually.
- In person participants will run or walk on November 6 (down Mill Road, to Karakung Drive, to Manoa and back to the Library for 5K, OR down Mill Road to Earlington and back for the 1 mile).
- We will be observing CDC guidelines for outdoor events.
- Virtual participants can run or walk the event any time between November 6 and November 14 and log their times on the Runsignup registration page. (You can run the race course on your own time or in your neighborhood, park, or on a track or treadmill).
In order to promote social distancing, we ask you to check in and pick up your race swag bags and racing bibs throughout the week prior to the race (November 1-4) at the Library (1601 Darby Rd., Havertown, PA) during normal hours of operation Monday - Thursday. On Friday, November 5, you can check in and pick up until 7pm in the Library foyer.
- Following the race, beverages and light snacks will be provided to participants as winners are announced.
Questions? Contact Mary Bear Shannon [email protected].
We will monitor Covid cases and, if needed for health and safety, may implement measures such as masked and/or staggered starts or transition the event to all virtual.
- 5K - $25 early bird; $30 October 30 - November 5, $35 day of race
- 5K Teams - $20 early bird; $25 October 30-November 5; $30 day of race
- 1 mile run/walk; $15 early bird; $20 October 30-November 15; $25 day of race
- The 5K course will start at the Library, run down Mill Rd to Karakung to Manoa Rd and back to the Library.
- The 1 mile course will start at the Library, run down Mill Road to Earlington and back to the Library.