This is a family friendly 5K Run/Walk event in honor of Ryan French. Ryan was a resident of Thompson and a student in the Ag-Ed Program at Killingly High School. While at KHS, Ryan was a 3-year Varsity runner in Cross Country, 2-year Varsity runner in Outdoor Track, an ECC All-Star in both sports, and a Scholar Athlete. Ryan had a significant impact on the people around him, both young and old alike. Ryan possessed many good qualities and core values including leadership, motivation, dedication, sportsmanship, and pride in all that he did both on, and off, the Track and Cross Country trails. The proceeds from this race will be going into the “Ryan French Memorial Scholarship Fund” which provides Scholarships to well deserving Killingly Ag-Ed Seniors going onto higher education.
- The race will follow the KHS Cross Country Course at Owen Bell Park in Dayville, CT. This is a 5K course that begins and ends on a track, but is predominantly a trail course.
- Walkers will have the option to walk a portion of the course prior to the race.
- The Kids Fun Run will take place on the track (1 lap)
- Adults 19+: $20 ($25 on race day)
- Grade School Students: $15 - Discount applied during registration. ($20 on race day)
- Fun Run (11 yrs and under): FREE
Race Day Schedule
- 7:15 am - Walker Check-in/ Registration
- 7:45 am - 5K & Fun Run Check-in and Race Day Registration
- 8:00 am - Walk Start
- 9:00 am - Kids Fun Run Start
- 9:30 am - 5K Race Start
- 10 and under (kids fun run)
- Under 12, 12-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Cash prize of $50 for anyone who beats the current course record!
Male: 16:42 - Daniel Stevens, 2019
Female: 19:19 - Brandy LeClair, 2017
- Top Overall 5K male and female runner
- Top 3 male/female in each of the age groups from 12-15 years and older (no duplicates)
- Anyone who registers (5K / Walk only) by June 12th will receive a race shirt (Available sizes -- Youth Small ---> Adult XL).
NOTE: race shirt availability is not guaranteed for registrations received after June 12th or on race day