Health First Health Plans and Running Zone Foundation welcome you to the 15th annual Running Zone Foundation Race Series. This year’s Series offers seven fun and family-friendly events including three 5Ks; one 3K and three 2-milers. We offer these shorter distances to promote participation among both walkers and runners of all ages and abilities.
Run All 7 Series races and earn an awesome SERIES MEDAL at the finish line of the Run for the Gecko 5k!
Receive a $35.00 discount for signing up for all seven racees in the series with a shirt.
Our 2019-2020 Series offers:
Firecracker 5K, Thursday, July 4th at the Front Street Civic Center 7:00am
- Front Street Civic Center (2205 Front Street, Melbourne)
- American flags and red, white, and blue popsicles to all finishers
- Most Patriotic Costume Contest
- Special awards to top 3 Local Heroes (Military/Fire/Police)!
- Free Li’l Firecracker Kids’ Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Light Breakfast!
- FREE BEER for the 15th year! 26.2 Marathon Beer! (21 & older)
- Benefits EFSC Collegiate Veterans Society
- Random Giveaway $500 gas card to fuel your Great American Road Trip!
Tailgate 2 Miler, Sunday, August 18th at The Avenue, Viera 7:00 am
- The Avenue, Viera (2261 Town Center Ave, Viera, FL 32940)
- Support your Favorite Football Team on Race Day
- Awesome Football Awards
- Zippy the Gecko Mascot to lead the Kids’ Run
- Tailgate Party after race at Pizza Gallery & Grill and 28 North Gastro Pub patio in the courtyard with pizza, wings and BEER (21+ and older)
- Benefits Viera High School Athletic Department
- Random giveaway of a $500 NFL Package ($250 to Ticketmaster as well as $250 spending money)
Ghostly Gecko 5K, Saturday, October 26th at the Eau Gallie Civic Center 6:30 pm
- Eau Gallie Civic Center (1551 Highland Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32935)
- Best Halloween Costume Contest for Adults
- Seperate Costume Contest for KIDS!
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Bags to All Finishers
- Fun Ghostly Gecko Awards
- Free Li’l Goblins Kids’ Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Food & Beer provided after the race at Squid Lips!
- Awards ceremony at Eau Gallie Civic Center at 7:45pm
- Benefits Eau Gallie High School Health & Wellness Academy
- Random giveaway of an IPad!
Jingle Bell 2 Miler, Saturday, December 21st at the Satellite Beach Library 5:45 pm
- Satellite Beach Library (751 Jamacia Blvd, Satellite Beach, FL 32937)
- Santa Hats to all Series registrants
- Jingle Bells for Everyone’s Shoes
- Best Holiday Costume and Fun Stocking Awards
- Free Santa’s Little Helper Kids’ Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Santa Arrival on fire truck
- Cookies provided by Long Doggers!
- FREE BEER for the 15th Year provided by LONG DOGGERS!!!
- Benefits Satellite High School Running Programs
- Random Giveaway: LED TV
Brevard Zoo’s Bear Bustle 3K, Saturday, February 8th at the Zoo 7:00 am - MUST complete course under 20 minutes. 7:35 am - Choose for more leisurely pace.
- Brevard Zoo (8225 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940)
- Check out Zoo Animals during the Run/Walk
- Fun Bear Awards
- 50% Off Zoo Admission for All Participants on Race Day*
- Free Li’l bear cup Kids Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Breakfast catered by Double D's BBQ!
- Benefits Brevard Zoo
- Random giveaway of $500 Disney Gift Card and Annual Zoo Membership!
* Must show participants race number for discounts to Zoo
Pirate Plunder 2 Miler, Saturday, April 4th at Meg O’Malley’s 6:30 pm
- Meg O'Malley's (812 E New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901)
- Best Pirate Costume Awards
- Fun Pirate Awards
- Free Li’l Pirate Plunder Kid’s Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Great Pirate Party at Meg O’Malley’s after the race!
- Benefits Palm Bay Magnet High JROTC
- Random giveaway $500 Royal Caribbean Cruise Gift Card!
Run for the Gecko 5K, Saturday, May 9th at Wickham Park Pavilion 7:00 am
- Wickham Park Main Pavilion (2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, FL 32935)
- 17th Anniversary Celebration Party
- Birthday Cake for breakfast!
- FREE BEER for finishers 21 & Older
- Free Kids' Run with Zippy the Gecko
- Benefits Harmony Farms
- Random giveaway of a $500 Spa Gift Card!
Our series races provides participants with an exceptional experience including:
- Series awards of $10,000 in prizes & gift cards
- Plenty of fluids along course and finish area
- Split clocks at each mile and directional markers
- 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, 200 meters & 100 meters signs to finish line
- Electronic timing with immediate results
- Personalized receipts with gun, net & split times
- Finisher certificates & finish line video
- Special appearance by Zippy, our gecko mascot
- Photo booth with props and free downloadable photos
- Free hi-res photos & event highlight video
- Unique race themed awards
- Great post-race party & new this year, beer for 21 years+
Fees (Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.)
- Series Adult Registration (all 7 races): $175.00
- Series Adult Registration - no shirt option (all 7 races): $140.00
- Series Kid’s Registration (all 7 races): $105.00
- Series Kid's Registration- no shirt option (all 7 races) :$70.00
Start A Team
Being a part of a team can be very rewarding. All you need is a minimum of 5 people (1 person of the opposite sex) that want to be part of the team. Everyone on the team saves $5.00 on the entry fees and you may be able to start training together for one or all of the upcoming races.
Gather your family, friends and co-workers! Teams must participate in at least four series races to be eligible for the series award. Awards will be given to the top three teams. Each team consists of at least five members with one of the members being the opposite sex. The top four of the same sex and the 1st member of the opposite sex will be scored. (No Team Race Day Registration)
School Team Challenge: (Elementary and Middle Schools Only)
An award will be given to the top three elementary or middle schools that have the largest participation. The School Team Challenge applies to each race as well as the series. Schools must participate in at least four series races to be eligible for the series award. Students only count towards participation challenge. Parents and teachers can form an open team. (No School Race Day Registration)
Series races are scored for runners and walkers in all age categories. Participants in the series must complete a minimum of FOUR series races to be eligible for the series awards.
Standard Race Series Age Divisions
8 & Under 9-11, 12-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 , 40-44 , 45-49 , 50-54, 55-59, 60-64 65-69, 70-74 , 75-79, 80+
Scoring & Points
The first 10 runners/walkers overall will receive 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 points in the open competition.
The first 10 Masters (40 years and older) runners/walkers overall will receive 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 points in the open competition.
The first 10 runners/walkers within each age group will receive 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 point in their age group competition.
Scoring will be based on 6 races. If you participate in all 7 events, your lowest score will be dropped. At the end of the series, individuals who accumulate the most points receive awesome cash, gift certificates and prizes, and are recognized by Running Zone in June 2020.
Note: Your age group for the Series is determined by your age as of the 7/4/19.
The standings after each race will be calculated and displayed on www.runningzone.com/series