This event is run entirely inside the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, set in the beautiful foothills of Coloma along the south fork of the American River. This is the site at which gold was discovered in 1848, igniting the gold rush and leading to California’s quick rise to statehood.
All of the courses are a mix of very appealing single track dirt trails and a few paved areas. The are some moderately technical ascents and descents with a lot of switchbacks. There are also some sections of rolling hills and other places where the course is completely flat. With the addition of scenic views and a variety of wildlife, there is plenty to make this run very enjoyable and interesting.
RACE SUBJECT TO CA GOVERNMENT COVID-19 PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES BEFORE REGISTRATION.
Start time: 8:30 am
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park is located on Highway 49 in Coloma, between Auburn and Placerville. It’s in a rather remote area, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to drive out on the morning of the race.
Please park in the North Beach parking lot located at the north end of the park. Note there is an $8.00 parking fee per vehicle. Golden Poppy passes are accepted.
Race registration and check-in is located next to the start and finish lines in the Monroe Orchard, right across Highway 49 from the North Beach parking lot. Packet pick-up begins at 7:00 am.
Refreshments will be served at the finish line. All runners/families are encouraged to explore the historic park after the event.
COURSE MAPS AND ADDITIONAL RACE DAY INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE:
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
• No spectators at the event, Teams may assist with drop bag locations, refer to maps for drop bag / aid station locations.
• Please be prepared to social distance.
|California Gold Rush Trail Run||Click to Find Out|