Ladies unite for the Academy Street Strut, a celebration of women, fitness, and supporting our local nonprofits that serve area women, men, children, and families.
The post-strut lunch dinner is sponsored by the Humble Pig. The wine glass and lunch party are included with the regular Strut registration, but if you don't want to strut you can join us just for the party and still get a great wine glass!
Following the 1 mile strut there will be a party at the Cary Chamber with a variety of beverages! Invite your friends, co-workers, mother, sister, daughter - everyone really! - to come strut their stuff with you!
For more great charity events, check out Fit & Able’s full race calendar at FitandAble.net.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Academy Street Strut please email [email protected] for more information!
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Cary Chamber of Commerce (307 N. Academy St., Cary, NC 27513).
Course Information: The course starts and finishes at the Cary Chamber of Commerce and turns around at the Cary Arts Center; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered for the event. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet.
Race Souvenirs: Academy Street Strut shirts are available for $20 (while supplies last!) and participants will receive a nice finishers gift.
Online registration closes on April 19th at 10 AM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at the event.
The Academy Street Strut and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has supported community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated for other organizations help support Fit & Able’s programs and activities.
|Dinner Party + Strut||Click to Find Out||Register »|