NEW UPDATES FOR AUGUST 22, 2020 RIDGE RUN RACE
The final day to sign up is Sunday, August 16. NO FINAL WEEK REGISTRATION OR REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY!!
PACKET PICKUP TIMES
- Friday, August 21 - Early Packet Pickup - DRIVE THROUGH packet pick-up on the north side of Kent City High School from 4-6 pm.
- Saturday, August 22 - Race Day Packet Pickup - Remaining packets can be picked up between 7:30-8:30 on race morning.
NEW STARTING OF THE RACE - OPEN FLEXIBLE STARTING LINES!
- There is a new starting line in front of the school that is separate from the finish line.
- The starting line will open for 15K runners at 8:00. The starting line will remain open until 9:00 am.
- The starting line will open for 5K runners at 8:20. The starting line will remain open until 9:00 am.
- There will be chalk marks on the pavement behind the starting line. When a spot is available, you may move across the starting mats and begin.
After the finish line, there will be a paper bag to grab with a snack, water bottle, and finisher item in it.
There will be an awards table if you'd like to stay to see if you've earned an age group/overall award.
Please wear a mask to come to the registration table and use of the restrooms.
NEW RACE DATE: AUGUST 22, 2020
Kent City High School, Kent City, MI 49330
About This Event
The Kent City Ridge Run is a great event that has a 15K Run and 5K Run/Walk. Both runs will have aid stations. 15K: combination of rolling, paved and gravel roads before finishing downhill for the last ½ mile—has been nicknamed “Jill’s Hills”. 5K: completely paved, out-and-back style, finishing downhill.
New Start Times
15K Start - 8:00 am
- 5K Start - 8:05 am
Through March 14th (11:59 pm EST):
- $23 Entry Fee (Includes a T-Shirt).
- $19 Entry Fee for youth 18 years and under (Includes a T-Shirt).
- $19 Entry Fee for adults 62 years and over (Includes a T-Shirt).
- $20 family rate for 3 or more from the same address. *Mail In Must be post-marked by August 8th or register your family online by August 8th (11:59 pm)!
- No Family Discount Registration After August 8th.
Same Day Registration Fees
- After August 8th (T-shirts will be available on a first come first serve basis for late registration):
- $30 Entry Fee (T-Shirt cannot be guaranteed after August 8th)
- **No discounts for youth 18 years and under or adults 62 years and over after August 8th.
Mail In Registration
- Mail-in registration is $25.00. Go to the website: www.macssportstiming.com for a printable form.
- T-shirts will be a soft cotton short sleeve for 2020.
- T-shirts will be offered in a Heather Navy and Light Blue option for participants.
- There will be no t-shirt guaranteed with later registration after August 8th.
Packet Pick Up & Late Registration
- On Race Day - Packet pickup and race day registration will be available only from 6:45-7:45am.
- 2019 proceeds went to KC Girls on the Run, the American Cancer Society, Howard Christensen Nature Center & Kent City XC/T&F Programs
- All 15K Run finishers receive a 15K finisher medal.
- All 5K Run finishers will receive a finisher item.
- All pre-registered entrants are guaranteed a race t-shirt (if you register for one).
- After August 8th, T-shirts will be on a first-come, first serve basis for late registration.
- Locker rooms will be available.
- 15K and 5K: Overall awards, masters’ awards, grand masters' (60 and over)
- Choice of awards at least 3 deep in the following age categories: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
- 5K: There will also be a 10 & under group.
- Timing and scoring will be provided by Mac's Sports Timing using the ChronoTrack disposable tag system. Results will be posted at the conclusion as well as online at: www.macssportstiming.com.
Records and Course Maps
See website for records and maps:
- An assortment of post race refreshments will be available in the school following the races. An awards presentation with raffle prizes will follow each race. Prizes will not be mailed.