This is the 4th annual Butterfly 5K. a benefit event to aid the family of an HK alumni who battled cancer for over 30 yrs. The event takes place at at Haddam-Killingworth High School, located at 95 Little City Rd, Higganum, CT 06441, at 10 am. Upon arrival at the school, please enter through the eastern School entrance, and you will be directed where to park. Restrooms within the High School will be accessible.
- Water will be available at the start/finish line and at the half way point. We encourage everyone to bring a reusable, refillable, or recyclable container to reduce garbage produced.
- Strollers and children of all ages are welcome, however, please leave fuzzy 4 legged companions at home.
If you are unable to join us on race day, consider becoming a Virtual Runner or simply make a donation and help make a difference.
- 08:45 am - Registration opens
- 10:00 am - 5K start. The course has a 1.5 hour time limit, giving all participants ample time to enjoy the course at either a brisk walk or supersonic pace.
- 5K Run/Walk - $20
- Virtual Runner - $15
- Awards will be given to the top finishers in various age groups, and the first overall male/female finishers (one prize per person).
- The course starts at the western High School entrance, traveling west (left) along Little City Road for 1.3 miles. The course turns south (left) onto Valley Ridge Drive for 0.2 miles, where the course reverses at the cul-de-sac, following the same route back to the school. A water station will be available at the end of Valley Ridge Drive and at the start/finish line .
Note: The roads will be open to vehicle traffic during the race.
- A timing tag will be attached to the back of your race number. The number must be visible from the front at all times during the race. Runners who run the race without their bib properly attached and displayed risk not having their finish time recorded and not being listed in the results.