COVID-19 UPDATE (30 August 2020):
THE RACE IS STILL HAPPENING!!! Provo City is currently under a mask mandate. Any outdoor gathering with more than 25 people requires mask wearing if people cannot social distance. While we will have space to social distance during our event, please also bring a mask and wear it before and after the race.
The Provo mask mandate does not require those involved in "strenuous physical activity" to wear a mask (Don't worry, the course itself takes care of the strenuous part;) ). Therefore, you will NOT need to wear a mask while participating in the event. Please DO bring a mask and wear it before the race begins and again after the race is over, and be sure to social distance before and after the race.
Below is a list of important safety features you need to be aware of in an effort to maintain health and safety of all our runners and the Provo community.
BEFORE RACE DAY
1) To encourage social distancing the morning of the race, please pick up your race packet BEFORE race day.
2) Packet Pickup will be on Thursday, September 10th from 7:30pm-8:30pm and Friday, September 11th from 4pm-8pm at Rock Canyon Park in Provo, UT. We will be near Pavilion #1. The first 10 people to packet pickup each day will get to pick an additional prize from our sponsor table.
1) We will have a 20 minute race start window. You may begin your race anytime between 7:30am and 7:50am. Please go at a time during that window when the start line is not overly crowded. Your results will show up based on your chip time (chip time will not start until you cross the start line).*
*Those racing for overall prizes will need to start at 7:30am (gun start time).
DURING THE RACE
1) To ensure cleanliness throughout our event, all volunteers will fill out a "symptom check" survey before being allowed to volunteer or go near race bags.
2) Our volunteers will wash hands and wear masks when assembling race bags.
3) Volunteers will also wear face masks during the event on Saturday as they set up and man each aid station. Each aid station will also be equipped with hand sanitizer that volunteers will use before they set up aid stations and throughout the event and will be available for participants to use as well.
1) We will not be printing results at the finish line. Results will be available online within minutes of participants finishing.
2) To prevent large groups from gathering at the end of the race, we will not have an awards ceremony. Overall winners (top 3 male and top 3 female finishers) will receive their prizes as they cross the line.
3) To prevent large groups from gathering at the end of the race, we will only provide post race food that is individually packaged. We will continue our pancake breakfast tradition at the 2021 event.
Because things will look a little different at the race to take extra safety measures (mostly we are bummed we aren't able to have a big finish line party, awards ceremony, or pancake breakfast), we are giving each 2020 participant a 50% off code for our 2021 event. The individual coupon code will be emailed to each participant after the race.
COVID-19 UPDATE (15 July 2020):
Provo City is approving permits to host Rock the Canyon 10k on September 12th, 2020. Our mission at Rock the Canyon 10k has always been to unify our community by cultivating healthy lifestyle, encouraging family recreation and promoting Utah business. With permits being approved, our top priority is to ensure the safety of the our racing community and residents of Provo City during our event. All specific plans will be communicated in future emails.
We know that many local companies have been hit hard this year, and we want to help by providing generous sponsorship options for our Utah based companies. Please reply to this email with local businesses you know would benefit partnering with us for our 2020 event.
Registration closes 4pm Friday September 11th. If you miss online registration, you may register in person at Packet Pickup or at 7am on race morning (both at Rock Canyon Park).
Provo's finest 10k takes you through the beautiful streets of Rock Canyon, Indian Hills, and Foothill neighborhoods. Our unique course enables you to experience things that make us love Provo. Enjoy the scenery with a half mile of trail running in Rock Canyon before speeding through each street of the beautiful course.
|Rock the Canyon 10K||Click to Find Out||Register »|